Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 24: Pick-Quick Drive In

Sorry, no photos today. I thought I'd already reviewed it when I ate at the Pick-Quick last spring, and there's not a lot to say. I'm two weeks in to my four-week Uber pass (free Pool rides to and from Sodo), so figured I'd grab a quick bite here. It's across the street from the quirky, expectation-exceeding Oriental Express.

I'd eaten at the Fife location several times when our office was in Federal Way, and it's a good, cheap, midrange quality burger. Today I had the single cheeseburger with bacon. No complaints. In-n-Out quality, but the bun was a bit fluffier than I'd come to expect. A greasy burger should have a thin cheap bun, but not this time. It looked photogenic, a perfect, rounded, glistening bun, but I ate it instead of taking a selfie with it. The bacon was chewy, not crisp, which is a small strike against it, but it's bacon, so how bad could it be?

Fries were the standard drive-in peel on shoestrings, floppy and a little oily, but good nonetheless. The milkshakes, though -- that's why I come here. The guy behind the counter handed me my blackberry shake and commented, "this is a good one, my favorite. This one's extra good." It was.

There's no seating (it's a DRIVE in, right?) so I leaned up against a post while I ate. In wet weather, that'd be a deal breaker, but on a crisp fall day, not so bad.

Pick-Quick Drive In
2990 4th Ave. S.
Single cheeseburger with bacon, fries, medium shake, $12.12

No comments:

Post a Comment