Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31: McCoy's Firehouse

Yep -- I've been working in Seattle for more than five months now, and I still hadn't stopped by McCoy's Firehouse for lunch, despite it being less than 500 feet away from the office. It's nice to have so many options.

The joint was pretty busy for a Tuesday lunch hour, but there were still several seats available. The waitress was quick with a Diet Coke, and took my order for the Turkey Dip within a few seconds of me deciding on it. I watched a few minutes of sports talk TV (will the Patriots trade Gronk?), and the food arrived.

I'm not sure if the sandwich had been sitting out too long, or cooked too short, or whether the cheese was too cold, but when I pulled apart the halves, I expected the Swiss cheese to ooze and string and taunt me with its messy melty goodness. Nope. It just kind of broke and flopped. The cold tomato added to the lukewarm nature of the sandwich. I tried to use the au jus to warm it up; it worked, a little.

Flavor-wise, it was fine. The fries were perfectly done, and just at the moment I thought to myself, "Am I going to get a drink refill?", the refill arrived. I was in and out in about 30 minutes, so props to their quick service.

McCoy's Firehouse
172 S. Washington St.
Turkey dip, fries, Diet Coke, $14.23

No comments:

Post a Comment