Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Nibbles: MOD Pizza, Tenoch, Zaccagni, Shanghai Garden

Nibbles: quick reviews of new places for which I didn't take time to write a full review.

MOD Pizza: I felt like a walk, so headed to this chain's Union Square location. It's pizza made to order at the counter, kind of like Subway's counter service, but so much better. Pizza is made the way I like it: crispy, messy, made to order. Plenty of table seating in this tatooed/pierced/skater style place. 1302 6th Ave., Pizza with unlimited toppings and soft drink, $11.44

Tenoch Mexican Grill: Craving a burrito, I turned to Google. Its sources pointed me here. They serve burritos in the style of a Taco del Mar assembly line, but much more authentic. Three different styles of chicken; I had the adobado, which was very good. Walk to here via Main, not Washington, unless you enjoy being confronted by junkies screaming at lampposts. Limited table seating in this mamá-y-papá joint. 208 5th Ave. S., pollo adobado burrito and bottle of Coke Zero, $11.07

Zaccagni: An errand found me near the Marion Food Court, where I'd eaten at 206 Burger, and where I'd planned to eat at Thai2Go. The line was too long, so I had a chicken parm sandwich here instead. A bit slippery, a lot messy, and much more than I really should have eaten. Cooked on the spot, yet colder than it should have been. My side order of fries was unnecessary. Meh. 823 3rd Ave., chicken parm sandwich and bag of fries, $13.40

Shanghai Garden: With six coworkers, we sat at the big round table and shared everything spinning around the lazy Susan. Highlights were the green beans, the hand-shaved noodles, and the dumplings. Everything else was merely very, very good. 524 6th Ave S., taste of almost everything with bill split 7 ways, $23.45

No comments:

Post a Comment