Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Nibbles: Kigo and Halal expand; Radici gets busted; trucks get halved

Kigo's not-yet-open 105 First Ave S. location
Kigo Asian Kitchen looks to be expanding their three Seattle locations to a fourth, on First Avenue, between Delicatus and Taco Del Mar. There's no indication as to how soon "coming soon" is, but I'm looking forward to trying their stir-fry bowls.

The Halal Guys seem to have quite a following for their chain of gyro joints, so I expect lines once their first-in-the-Northwest location opens up next to Merchants Café (101 Yesler Way). Eater.com said "this spring", but I walked past it this afternoon, and they've got a ways to go. Someday, a restaurateur will go conservative on their projected opening date and surprise me.

(Late edit: The Seattle Times is reporting that 13 Coins hopes to open its Pioneer Square location in late fall, moving out of their south Lake Union site at the same time. Their lease up north ends December 1, so maybe they'll be one to surprise me. The "coming 2017" sign has been up at 2nd and King Street for several months now.)

We're down from four food trucks to two in Occidental Park, and it looks like that's the way it'll be for a while. No idea why. Maybe other spots around town are doing better during tourist season? I think Westlake's food truck scene has expanded to five trucks, but I'm not certain of that.

And more to blame the tourists on: Three times in the last few weeks, I've tried to go to Jack's Fish Spot at Pike Place Market. All three times the line has been out to the street and I've given up. <sad emoji goes here> I ended up one day at Los Agaves, but was disappointed with their nachos. Cold refried beans? Really?

Tsk, tsk, Radici
Meanwhile, back in Pioneer Square, Radici looks like they've gotten their wrist slapped by the Liquor Control Board. In their window this morning was this notice of liquor license suspension (at right), for "sale or service of alcohol to  minor", which looks like it has been in effect since Friday. Their suspension ended today, according to the sign.

Still good, with nothing new to report: Taco Del Mar, Pizza Professionals. And Einstein Brothers Bagels (600 4th Avenue -- city hall) was fast and non-notable. I'm saving my review for a return trip when I'm not rushing between meetings and can do more than quickly toss it down my gullet.

For months, I've been craving a good quality piece of Key lime pie, or a Key lime tart, or something similar. I've had no luck. Any ideas, readers? London Plane, Café Umbria, Grand Central Bakery, and the Starbucks pastry rack all struck out.


No comments:

Post a Comment