Tuesday, September 20, 2016

What's this about?

Weyerhaeuser's headquarters recently opened in Pioneer Square, Seattle, and thus, my desk has moved up here as well. One of the most exciting things about the move: all the new places to go for lunch. I was in one of the earliest move waves, so had the chance to try several places before my co-workers showed up.

In a meeting in early September, without realizing it, I blurted out that it was my goal to never eat in the same place twice before December. In retrospect, that's a worthy goal. My co-workers showed up this morning, and one of them said they thought it would be helpful if I blogged my dining experiences. Sounds like a plan. Thus, "Weyer's Lunch?" was born.

I'm not a well-spoken food critic, and not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. I don't eat healthy. I'm not above eating mediocre fast food, but I also appreciate excellent preparation, presentation, and ingredients, and try to avoid eating at chains when I'm travelling. I've eaten at the most highly rated restaurant in Florida, and the best taco truck in Wenatchee. 

To be clear: I don't speak on behalf of Weyerhaeuser; my opinions are my own and are likely wrong-headed at times. Prices listed are what show up on my bank statement, and include 15-20% tip when appropriate. My target audience is my co-workers.

With that out of the way, expect about one post a day, after the initial flurry -- I need to catch up the last few weeks. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment