Friday, August 31, 2018

Bye, Joe. Hello, Bad Bishop?

A note from Jesse's Facebook page
I was walking back to the office from Ferry Noodle House yesterday, and was shocked: Easy Joe's is closed. It was my favorite lunch bar at one point, but Angel, the cute and super friendly bartender, recently left. At my last visit in late July, a roach ran across the bar while I ate, and my first diet Coke after the city's no-straw policy went into effect smelled like a dishwasher.

Angel's replacement, Jesse, was a great guy, and provided excellent service. My first thought when I saw that Easy Joe's is becoming Bad Bishop Bar was "I hope he ended up somewhere great."

See you later, Joe.
From a few snippets of things I've found on the internet (here and here and here), my best guess is that Jesse Spring (same guy? I think so.) bought the bar -- his first! --and began renovations in early August. He seems to be as enamored with the space and classic Pioneer Square brickwork as anyone. According to Yelp it's scheduled to open October 7, but as with all restaurant openings, treat that as tentative and optimistic.

The windows are currently papered over with pages from a chess book (bad bishop -- get it?), but I might poke my head in next week to see what more I can find out. Good luck, Jesse! I am so looking forward to finding out what you do with this neat, fun spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment