Friday, September 28, 2018

September 28: Ivar's Fish Bar

I'm not gonna miss that viaduct.
I went out wandering today, maybe Ferry Noodle House? Once I got there, I just wasn't feeling it, so walked past it, out to the waterfront, and turned north. Ivar's! It's a chain, sure, and there's one near my house, but fish and chips sounded good. Maybe I'd feed a french fry to a seagull, like you do.

It was OK. Nothing special. The fish was firm and hot; I singed the roof of my mouth a little. The fries were a little floppy. I added on some clam chowder; good, but not great.

The big downside? The price. I know their Acres of Clams location next door is slightly more upscale than this order-at-the-counter and eat-in-the-shelter spot, but $18.21 for this? Safe yourself $5 and trek up to Jack's Fish Spot instead.

Ivar's Fish Bar
Pier 54 (just north of the ferry terminal)
3-piece fish and chips, cup of chowder, diet coke, $18.21



Feed the seagulls, Ivar!...
...but not on the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment