Tuesday, September 20, 2016

August 31: Box House

Right across the street from our new office is Box House, which looks to be the place to be when there's an event at one of the stadiums, but at noon on a Wednesday is pretty quiet. I'd eaten here with friends many, many years ago when it was The Last Supper Club, and enjoyed it.

The bartender was friendly and quick to take my order, and we chatted about my co-workers arriving in a couple of weeks. My order of a cheeseburger, fries, and a soda appeared quickly.

Unfortunately, the burger patty tasted like it had been frozen for months, slightly freezer-burned and a little bitter. The fries were good. As one of only two people in the place, my soda was quickly refilled.

Yeah, I might come back here again. Maybe it was just a bad patty. I think I'll avoid the burgers, though.

Box House
124 S. Washington St.
Burger, fries, soda, $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment