Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 12: Post Alley Pizza

I decided to take a walk to Pike Place and see where I ended up. Walking along First Avenue on the way to Pike Place, I saw Post Alley Pizza down the hill. After wandering to the far end of Pike Place and finding nothing that said "you gotta eat here," I decided to walk Post Alley back and see what I found.

Nearing the end and running out of choices, I stopped at the Post Alley Pizza counter. A little pressed for time, I ordered the two-slice special, requesting a slice of pepperoni and the last lonely slice of heat-lamped pepper pizza. They heated both in their oven, and brought them out to me after a few minutes. The New York style pizza was above average; the oven crisped up the crust a little bit, just enough to keep it from being too floppy.

Worth the walk? There's better pizza closer to work. But if I'm nearby again, yeah, I'd stop in.

Post Alley Pizza
1123 Post Ave.
Two slices and a fountain drink, $8.82

No comments:

Post a Comment