Tuesday, March 13, 2018

In the works: Evergreens, Domino's

On my regular Tuesday walk to Easy Joe's, I spotted something new. No, the Evergreens window wraps have been up for several weeks now, next to Jimmy John's, so that's not new. (A salad place? To compete with Sprout? You know me better than that. You don't win friends with salad.) But look next door...



Domino's? In Pioneer Square? "Does that really fit in the area?" I thought to myself. "I mean, what other major chains are there?"

And then I thought a little more... about Subway. And Starbucks. And Taco Del Mar. And Jimmy John's. And even Halal Guys. Yeah, I guess Domino's does fit.

Sometime soon, Pizza Professionals and RPM Pizza will have a new competitor. Sure, it's not a great pizza, but it's cheap pizza, and sometimes, quantity is better than quality. Wouldn't an extra slice be great to pull from the refrigerator as you head for the train, even as the grease and cheese fight each other for control of your digestive tract?

It's just signage so far. There's probably several weeks or months until you can buy full pizzas for under $10, but options are good, no?


Oh. Not that option. That's just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment