Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 13: Pizza Professionals

I had to run to Target at lunch today -- a quick one-stop hop through the bus tunnel -- and was short on time coming back. I thought about grabbing a sandwich out of Target's deli case, but decided against it.

Nearing the office, I stumbled across Pizza Professionals. Don't  confuse it with the Pizza Pros chain that most of the internet search engines seem to have done -- this is a stand-alone place. Service was quick, and the two-slice pizza was reasonably priced. The thin crust pizza was crisp enough that it snapped when I bit into it. Not quite cracker-thin, but close.

The guy working the register, who I assume is the owner, talked up the quality of his food, almost non-stop. "I promise you this is really good. Will you make me a promise?" he asked me. "Sure," I played along. "If it's really good, like I promised, will you tell people?"

It was really good, I tell you. Too bad I have to wait until December to eat here again.

Pizza Professionals
104 Occidental Ave. S.
Two slices and a fountain drink, $8.69


1 comment:

  1. Stopped in for a repeat visit today for the same order: slice of pepperoni and a slice of mushroom. Crust is a little doughier than I remember, but still a pretty good slice with a crisp bottom. The guy behind the counter still had his patter going. "You been here before? Oh, Weyerhaeuser? To go? Eat it hot. Don't wait!" Tasty.

    ReplyDelete