Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Achievement unlocked. So what's next?

(Spoiler: I buried the lede at the end. There's two potentially tasty options coming to our building.)

Now I'm uber hungry.
I won't be back in the office until December 5, so today marks the successful end of this quest. I've visited 45 restaurants in three months, and I've still got quite a list of places to try (including Radici, Nirmal's, Café Poloma, Il Corvo, MOD Pizza, and Seven Star Pepper). I also plan to try delivery services like Uber Eats, Peach, Amazon Now, and others more frequently than that one time I got a breakfast burrito.

Early on, I thought that it might be challenging to find places, but there's so much out there, and you readers have been helpful with suggestions, lunch invitations, and kind words. Thanks.

So what's next? I'll continue to update with new posts when I go somewhere new and comments to existing articles when I return. Expect a slower pace, though; if nothing's new, I won't add something just to say so.

To answer some occasional questions on my experience: the worst part about this project (other than the three pounds I've gained) was the inability to go back to places I really enjoyed and to foods on their menu I missed. I want to get a cheesesteak from Tat's. I want gnocchi from Salumi. I'm still craving the fish and chips from Nosh, if I can convince myself to skip the rabbit. Pioneer Square Market might be my default when I'm in a hurry and want something cheap and basic. And I'm told that I missed out by not getting the biscuits and gravy from Biscuit Bitch.

There's also foods that were so good I want them again. I'm looking at you, dolsot bibimbap from Tofully; you, slice of pizza from Pizza Professionals; and you, bag of Dick's at the Capitol Hill light rail stop.

I might also give some sub-par places another chance: Box House's hamburgers probably don't always taste freezer burned, Bakeman's sandwiches are probably good if I'm not worrying about how to pay for it, and Von's 1000 Spirits probably does better than their tragically gloppy chicken adobo sandwich.

On top of all that, Urban Visions' CEO and Founder Gregory Smith is partnering to open Cherry Street Public House in the northwest corner of our building in January, and he's listed as the registered agent for the mysterious Todos Santos Restaurant listed on the liquor application in the southwest corner (also listed: Elysian Brewery founder Joe Bisacca). I'm definitely going to be spending time in both of those places next year. Can I lower down a growler on a rope and pulley, Greg?

Stay tuned.
From the Liquor and Cannabis Board's
"Statewide new license applications (for past 30 days)"

No comments:

Post a Comment