Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 19: Von's 1000 Spirits

My co-workers have arrived! When I mentioned my goal of having lunch somewhere new every day until December, one co-worker suggested that I fire up this blog. Great idea! With that in mind, I chose to walk toward Pike Place again and see what struck my fancy. Von's 1000 Spirits was fancy enough for me.

It appeared that the wait for a seat would take a while, so I grabbed a stool at the bar instead. Until I can get my company to change its policy (or reinterpret it favorably), I had to forego the row upon row of tasty looking bottles of booze, and had iced tea instead (and not the Long Island kind). Their selection is impressive -- I saw bottles from Copperworks Distilling, a local place I've wanted to try for a while now, but I have to keep waiting.

For lunch, I had the chicken adobo sandwich and fries. The sandwich was, unfortunately, dripping in the chicken broth, which made the bun dissolve, the pulled chicken fall out, and left a gloppy soup of slaw and chicken on the plate. It tasted great, but the presentation failed. I guess that's why they gave me a fork with the meal.

It's worth another shot, but I'll probably order something else next time. A 25% discount for Washington residents is an odd choice for their menu pricing, but it brings the prices down to just barely within a reasonable range.

Von's 1000 Spirits
1225 1st Ave.
Chicken adobo sandwich, fries, iced tea, $19.12

No comments:

Post a Comment