Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20: Tat's Delicatessen

It's nice to finally have my co-workers here. The one who suggested creating this blog also suggested Tat's Delicatessen to me yesterday. Another one suggested we go there today. We invited a third to come along with us.

The line of 20+ people was out the door, into the shadow of the Smith Tower. The line moved quickly, though, and I pointed out the photo of Pat's King of Steaks on the wall among the other Philadelphia-themed decor. Nice to see they know their stuff.

Like I mentioned in my post for Calozzi's, I like a good cheesesteak as much as the next guy. Calozzi's was so good, though, I didn't want to ruin my memory of it by finding one even better. No, not yet.

Instead, I ordered the 12-inch chicken parmesan sandwich, fries, and a soda. The first six inches were outstanding, the second six inches are resting comfortably in the refrigerator. It's way too much food. Go for the smaller sandwich.

My coworkers ordered the cheesesteak and the Tat'strami. They reported their sandwiches were great, if a bit greasy. It looked good. It's on my list of places to go back to in December.

Tat's Delicatessen
159 Yesler Way
Chicken parm sandwich, fries, fountain drink, $16.99

3 comments:

  1. Had the 8-inch crispy chicken sub today. Opted against the spicy buffalo sauce, which might have been a mistake. The chicken strips were warm, but the rest of the ingredients were cold, so it's not the "hot sub" I expected from the menu description. Also, it's finished with a shake of black pepper, which would be OK in moderation, but instead there were patches of heavy black pepper, making those bites unpleasant.

    (See also my April 25, 2017 post. TL;DR: The Pizza Sub was disappointing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the good chicken parm, the disappointing pizza sub, the lukewarm crispy chicken sub, I finally had their classic Philly Cheesesteak, whiz wit mushrooms. So hot it burned my tongue, so cheeze-whizzy that it dissolved the bread as I ate it, so beefy and salty and good. This is what they do best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. October 30, I had the Philly Cheesesteak again. This time, only the 8", and I ate it with a fork. Good call. Much less messy, still heavily filling. With the fries and drink combo, $14.86.

    ReplyDelete