Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 9: Phở Fuchsia

Many years ago when I worked on a different team in Federal Way, we had a monthly lunch at a small phở shop. I've also eaten at a few other phở places in the Tacoma area, so I pretty much knew what to expect. Phở Fuchsia met those expectations.

The service was somewhat spotty; like most phở joints, I'm waved in and offered to sit at any available table. The place is relatively large, but busy, so my choices were few. Two other parties who arrived after me sat briefly near the door, but left when the cold breeze became too much for them. I've got a jacket and a hot bowl of phở gà (chicken phở), so I'm happy.

The noodles were a solid mass, but as they soaked, they became more pliable. The chicken was all white meat, something I had to request special in Federal Way. As I spooned out the last few ounces of soup, I expected the grittiness I've come to expect (bone fragments? something else?), but it wasn't there. This is, perhaps, some of the bet phở I've had.

Phở Fuchsia
213 1st Ave. S.
Phở gà and hot tea, $9.69

No comments:

Post a Comment